Well I just measured a number of cases and have taken both the largest and the smallest diameter. The cases measured here were fired in a semi-custom .338-o6AI on a Rem7oo with a Douglas premium barrel. The numbers are as follows:<P>Largest----- Smallest<P>.4673 ------ .4671<BR>.4673 ------ .4670<BR>.4674 ------ .4671<BR>.4674 ------ .4672<BR>.4673 ------ .4671<BR>.4672 ------ .4671<BR>.4674 ------ .4672<BR>--------------------<BR>-------Average------<BR>.4673 ------ .4671<P>I would like to point out that the method I used is in strict accordance to the method Ken Waters uses, which is the measuring of web expansion and not base expansion. <P>Notice the variations between the two. In at least one case there is a difference of .ooo3 and on average there is a .ooo2 difference.<P>Rather than assuming that the chamber is round, I suggest spinning cases as you measure to get the most consistant readings and reconsider the measuring of just one section. <P>And as I'm sure everyone knows, each chamber is different. Like anything else with handloading, rifle chambers are going to vari. Don't assume the amount, know.<P>In any event, I still wonder how the greater initial deflection of the new cases is going to affect the readings when we try to compair the numbers obtained from factory ammo to the once fired cases.<P>Turok<P>------------------<BR><B>Make it idiot proof, and some one will make a better idiot</B>

<B>Make it idiot proof, and some one will make a better idiot</B>