Turok<BR>I'm not sure I understand the first part of your questioning, but I will make an attempt to answer what I think you are asking.<BR>The need to file the rim on standard cases, is to allow the use of a standard mic.(blade micrometer would work without filing, but is the equivelant cost of a new rifle. I see you are from Canada, so the cost of a Starrett digital mic. in six digits is $800.00 plus tax. Standard is $200.00 + tax in Canadian dollars from the House of Tools)<BR>The part measured, is the thick portion of web, just in front of extractor groove. This portion of web(I believe .200-.220") does not enter the chamber. <BR>If you feel that filing a very slight amount of the rim (as rim is slightly larger, usually, than the web)would somehow effect the measurements, than you could take the correct amount off, all the way around, by utilizing a lathe or perhaps a drill press and a file. Personally, I don't feel this to be necsessary. <BR>Turok, without meaning any disrespect, and the fact that I do not have access to pressure test equipment, I would suggest you give a call to the fine people at Speer.<BR>The number was posted earlier, and it is toll<BR>free number. They can perhaps clear up any or all questions you have.<BR>I did get the numbers you seek from a friend<BR>but of course, since this is second hand info<BR>that cannot be verified, I would preffer you get it directly from the source.<BR>In addition, my wife has a leg long list of spring season things to do. This, I have to take care of before I can apply some of this info to developing ammo for a new rifle, just built. As the bear season is upon us,I'm struggling to prepare. Thanks for your understanding. Canon <BR>