Originally Posted by Hastings
You folks do realize do not you that we have 10s of millions of unlawful immigrants already scattered all over the country? A good many are gainfully employed and a lot of them know what say when questioned about their citizenship. This ain't NAZI Germany, we cannot check papers or check their peckers for circumcision as the Germans did

The ones already here are like country music, they are here to stay.

As a law officer I came across lots of them camped in the woods doing forestry work or road work, etc. The troopers generally understand that the farmers, builders, concrete finishers, and motels and housekeeping services need them so these officers don't cause working people trouble.

A good solution would be to seal off the border as much as possible, kick out every trouble maker and criminal, and resign ourselves that a bunch of the illegals are an asset and let them stay.

If the working Mexicans went back to Mexico we would be in a world of trouble.

I'm really good friends with a couple of 1st generation born in the USA Mexicans, and they can't stand this immigration problem. They were OK with it back when it was mostly Mexicans and maybe a few other flavors of Latin American folks like South Americans jumping the border illegally, but now they have completely changed their opinion about it. They want the border shutdown tighter than a frog's butt. They also both voted for Trump in the last election surprisingly. They mostly supported DEMs in the past 20 plus years I've hung out with them..

There is hope I guess...Their wives and sisters on the other hand are a useless cause, they will never vote anything but DEM..

Last edited by Ramdiesel; 01/25/24.