Well ... as an aside to all of this ... I did contact Nikon regarding the installation of elevation and windage turrets for the 6x42 Monarch scopes.

Here's my original inquiry:

I used to have a Monarch UCC 3.3-10x44 A0 ... it had the low-profile target turrets on it with the screw on cap covers. I have just bought one of your 6x42 Monarch UCC scopes, and would like to have an elevation turret installed.

Can you please let me know what I need to do in order to have an elevation turret installed on my new scope? Thanks!

Their response (in an email) is as follows:

Currently these are not available, Turrets are being released this spring, unfortunately we do not have an exact date. Best option keep an eye on www.Cabelas.com, or you can call 1-800-845-6687 in a month, we should have more information at that point.

So ... for anyone that already has one of these scopes, or ends up getting one from SWFA (if that ever happens) ... and if you want turrets ... this might turn into one hell of a deal ...

still not happy with SWFA about this though ... doesn't give me the warm and fuzzies by any means ...

-WGM-