After seeing Sean's first post on Sunday, I immediately placed my order and have been following this thread as well as the one on Opticstalk. Just before Chris Ferris II posted that there would be about 30 more scopes, I called and asked about my order status. I was told that there are no more scopes and that there would be no reason to not to cancel my order. So, I did. Bad move on my part.

A few minutes later, I see the Chris Ferris II post that there would be ~30 more scopes and I immediately call SWFA and asked to be put back into the wait list. I thought this was justified and fair because I was given wrong information by someone on the staff at SWFA.

I spoke to Stephanie at SWFA and she informed me that once I cancelled my order, I cannot be put back into my original position. I was then told that where I was originally on the wait list would have been too far back to receive a scope in any case. So if you ordered after I did, you may be too late as well. That is assuming what I was told is fact. I have my doubts based on the amount of misinformation so far from SWFA.

Below is a cut and paste of my order confirmation.

Order Number: 53785 Order Date: 2/3/2008 8:54:50 AM
Customer ID: 624444
Current Status:
Affiliate ID: 0
Storefront Version: 1.0

As a consolation, I was offered 25% off of any scope that SWFA has in stock up to $299.00 (could have been 399.00)

Last edited by carbon12; 02/05/08. Reason: typo