Dober, deer hunting has been stand(no treestands)/stalk/stillhunting, moose hunting either calling, stillhunting or stalking (more of a stalk on a nice piece of swamp that a classic stalk), bearhunting a combo of spot and stalk and stillhunting ( no baiting in BC). No experience outside the province, though in the province we have most everything from rainforest to alpine to boreal forest to semi-desert. ( no prairies, that's on the other side of the Rockies)
I have a total of about 60 big game animals, from as close as 10 yards to about 400 yards. Average distance last time I calculated was about 140 yards. Decent shot (nothing particularly special), I've competed in a couple service rifle matches and held my own (actually won one). I've done most of my hunting with standard calibers (270, 30-06, 280) and a couple mags (7 Rem mag and a 300 Win Mag that was a lucky moose gun).
Thanks for asking. Not looking to stir the pot, more like putting a viewpoint forward for discussion. (no right or wrong on this topic, just individual preferences)