Originally Posted by Derek
I only go to the Classifieds here to sell, LOL. Which then I send the money to the credit cards.

I have six credit cards, of which three are paid off, and unused. Two have balances but are not in my wallet. One I use and pay off each month.

I always pay more than the minimum...The problem becomes that on the income I have, things like gas, etc., being more expensive, really impact me.

I drive a car that gets 30mpg average, however, I still have to fill up regularly.

I had a job teaching that paid $40k per year, but after you took out all the state-mandated retirement funding, I brought home no more in net pay than I do selling furnaces now. I quit that job because it wasn't worth the hassle.

I've been spending more than normal this year as I've gotten back into guns and hunting after a few years off doing other stuff.

Pay the bare minimum on all but the highest interest card, which you should pay as much each month on as you possibly can. When that's paid off, do the same for the next highest interest rate card, and keep paying the minimum of the others. Follow that pattern. It's mathematically the most efficient way to pay them down. Good luck.