I have to imagine, I keep reading raves on the Conquest, by users, that they are fine. May give them a try, as to the FX-II resolving no better, well, I do know the Old 6-24 4000/4200 series that were VERY long tubes were some of the highest resolution scopes I and my buddies have used, the long tubes I hear helps produce outstanding clarity/resolution from an optical 'science' point of view...maybe easier to get perfect focus I don't know, no engineer, but I did notice the same thing with an old longer tube M8 12x, one with a tapered CPC CH that was clear as a bell, the guy who sold it to me gave me this story it was retro-fitted with reticle/target knobs by premier reticle and the used a purer Nitrogen. Doubt any of the holds water, but it was crystal clear.

The last Fx-II I would bet is BRIGHTER (esp. in very low light, although the older M8 may very well RESOLVE better in good light, E's comments speaks to how simple older gen fixed scopes/lacking multicoated lens transmits light fairly well with decent exit pupil. MY Balfor 4x was good enough when I had a Sako AII 243 to put IIRC 5 of 7 rounds (Fed. red/white box 100 gr) into 1.3" at 200yds....may have been all 7, but either way it was sharp. Also accounted for one of the smallest groups I shot with a former PF M70 7/08 Fwt. Cannot recall how small it was, but it did great on a 3x5 sticky at 100 yds for a target.

I DO believe, Spend more $$$, better scope, but I DO have a hard time buying Swaro, S&B, and NF, etc. etc to gain perhaps a 3-5% advantage for a $$$ increase of 2-3 fold. Service w/Leupy is top notch, no argument, and we DO have to consider USA jobs....in today's time.

I distinctly recall being in a gunshow in Dallas area years back, a gent/dealer who had no bias saying, B&L/Elites had optics that rival Swaro, at a much better price. I DO admit looking thru many nice Elite scopes-having owned several over time......and not long ago, for the nth time, contacted Bushy telling them they should come out with a 4x32 and 6x42 fixed powers.....told the market is not there, but I think the mfg. and gunwriters are as responsible for the shift, 'bigger is better' but the pendulum swings, and to seem many hunters come full circle to milder non belted non-magnum rounds, i.e. 260, 7/08, 308, 338 Fed, etc. etc I think many hunters are coming to realize the fixed X scopes are VERY capable, often all ever needed, and perhaps certain virtues desirable, ie. less weight/bulk, and simple rugged construct.

I love my little 4x32 B&L on my boys 22, but if Bushy re-intro'd the scope, I'd want it in Matte, a #4 style reticle, and add the Rainguard just in case. Until then, I'll start at Leupy and Conquest for new purchases, and perhaps dream about the S&B....just because.

FWIW, still kicking myself for not bidding on a Swaro 4x32 at a DU banquet years back, not many put much interest or value in it, inc. me, as I'd rather a 6x then, but now, I'd be looking at it in a different light as it's funny my first rifle 21 years ago was a 7mag w/K-4, and now I have gone UP and now back down the spectrum of powers. I remember BARELY seeing the plain fine crosshair on the 8pt I shot, my first deer, at dusk about 30 yds in the woods.....but I did get that deer (always saying the scope was not very bright in dim light, did hold a zero!) Bought a Leupold 3-9x because everyone else used them, and was not thrilled, seemed to be too much scope, showing wobbles, etc. so I later replaced it with an M8 6x when I sold it and got a 243, realized cartridge and scope 7mag/3-9 were perhaps 'overkill' for what I was trying to accomplish and enjoyed shooting the 243/6x combo much more.

I am sure I will use more of many brand scopes, nice to hear various experiences by all. Thanks for the feedback. Nice to know enough of us buy fixed powers to keep those still mfg. coming out the plants.