Even Leupold disagrees ? Just where is this conversation Jon ? Don't tell me about it. Show me where you found it so I can read all of it for myself if you want me to comment about it.
What I said was the significant differences in image quality were between the scope with a much smaller eye box vs. one with a larger eye box. When it came to comparing my old single coated 4X to my new, fully multicoated 4X, they appeared to have identical ability to show me fine details.
That doesn't mean there is no difference, just that any actual difference was too close for me to be sure of. I even gave examples of the differences that I noticed. But, as we all know, the hunman eye can only see so much.
Many here have compared the Leupold VXII to the "better" VXIII. I know of no one that has seen any differences. I'm not surprised. I'll bet there is a difference, but it is simply too small for most of us to see.
What happens, I've noticed, when many make rifle scope comparisions is that they don't understand how these things differ in constuction and how they need to be adjusted to do realistic comparisions. Adjusting for actual magnification is one example and getting the scope focused fully is often another. E