Originally Posted by Magnumdood
Originally Posted by JGRaider
That very much reminds me of a fella we picked up at the airport about 5 years ago. He was coming in to W TX to hunt sandhills mule deer, and showed up with a Weatherby 30-378 wearing a Leupy 6-24 varmint type scope with all the bells and whistles. From the moment we met him he bragged about his rig, and shooting abilities. To make a long story short, he shot 26 times in 4 days, all clean misses from 75-350 yards. To say he "flinched" would be an understatement. I'd almost call it a seizure while pulling the trigger. He didn't get shots off quick enough at least 7-8 times because he was screwin' around with those turrets, or having his scope turned to 24x trying to shoot at a deer 75 yards away. We finally told him he was done, never mind he didn't kill a buck, and told him to not bother to come back.

JG,

You really told someone who paid you $3000.00 to leave and not come back? My understanding of the guide business (A limited understanding I readily admit) is that a lot of your customer base is generated by word-of-mouth. Do you think that guy is going to recommend you to anyone else?

We certainly did. We felt he was unsafe and, more importantly, after four days of the fiasco the landowner himself offered up the suggestion, therefore it didn't really matter what we thought at that point. By the way, we have little trouble filling slots for free range aoudad, antelope, and BIG mulies. The record speaks for itself on our ranches.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.