Originally Posted by Eremicus

I'm not trying to say that the good folks back east don't know how to make long shots. I was saying, in so many words, that they assumed that they would doing that out here in the far west when they come out to hunt. The best rifle for use out here would be a heavy tactical rifle, wearing a fancy scope. One that they can not only rapidly adjust the focus, but the parallax, the magnification, the elevation and the windage etc.
With some conditioning, they will be able to carry it over ridges, down and up the other side of canyons, etc. When it comes time to make that all important shot, they will deploy the bipod on their 13 lb. wonder and amazed the local yokels who have only been doing this all of their lives with basic sporters and 4X scopes.
E

I have literally known at least 50 Eastern individuals who have gone on Western hunts of all types. NONE have fit your stereotype
of carrying or wanting to carry a "13lb wonder." Now I'm sure it has happened, but I'm also sure it is the exception and not the norm. I think the only one assuming-or is it fabricating-anything is you.

laissez les bons temps rouler