I just wish that the tubes were not so short today so you don't have to go thru all kinds of problems to mount on a rifle. Leupold had had and continue to have a very good rep. Its become a very compeative business. Would I like to see the old M-8's with the modern coatings. you bet I would. Would I like to see the return of the fixed 3x that I can go buy and get a German # 1 in it, which one of my nuts would you take for it. Sure that fixed 4x S+B would do the trick for me, and If I was willing to wait 30 weeks they would even get me one with a German # 1, something I would like very much to put on a Sako 6.5 x 55. All it takes is money. My car needs work so that get taken care of first. Maybe buy April I can put an order in for one of those jewels. There is no shame in buying the best you can afford, you only have to buy it once. On of the things I found interesting was spending some time on a Rifle range in Anchorage Alaska, Some of those fellows had rifles and scopes you would give and arm and a leg for, yet they looked like they had problems eating regular. And Cars and trucks that seen better days, yet they shot and hunted with the very best rifles and scope one could get. Some people will put the right things first.

"Any idiot can face a crisis,it's the day-to-day living that wears you out."

Anton Chekhov