Originally Posted by JonA
I don�t care what they claim, nobody going through 26 rounds or 60 rounds between two to fill a tag are competent with any rifle in any circumstance by any stretch of the definition. Stories about them sure do make for good anecdotes though--especially when they happen to be using gear for which one doesn�t approve.

Stories about the �One box a year� guys who use that entire box every year to fill a single tag with Grandpa�s �06 and whatever scope happened to be the cheapest in the Sears and Robuck catelog 40 years ago (even if it is a *GASP* fixed 4X or 6X) just aren�t nearly as entertaining. I guess maybe there are no people like that where you guys hunt. Maybe every slob hunter where you guys hunt has a $800 or $1000+ scope on his rifle?

If we could only be so lucky. That would eliminate about 95% of them in my neck of the woods.

I don't really care what they show up with, as long as they are proficient with it. That was my point. My son hunted the same ranch with my old Marlin 336 30-30 once, and again with a 7-08. My nephew took 6 shots over 2 days to kill one. 26 shots in 4 days don't cut it.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.