Originally Posted by atkinson
Depending on the application..For hunting I am perfectly satisfied with a 4X Leupold or a for that matter a 3X..I also like and use the 1x4 and 1.5x5 for hunting..I have one 300 H&H with a 2x7 Leupold..I like Leupold scopes..

For years I was an avid golfer and I bought new clubs all the time and alway had to have the best available, then one day and old and I mean old dude asked my group if he could play through us and we said "sure". His golf clubs were an array of junk..His driver was wood laminate that was so old the laminate was seperating. He drove the green, putted one time and disapeared into the sunset...

My point being why do I need an expensive, heavy, bulky, European scope when I have shot everything in the world with a Leupold, and not one instance has occurred so far that would have worked out any different with one of the expensive scopes form Europe...

The only difference in men and boys, is the cost of the mens toys! smile

You are mistaking the argument for one of need. Now, unlike some of you guys, I am not nor will ever be a world-class shot with a rifle. I do, however, play goalie rather well. I could put on the pads I had back in the 1970's and 80's and still be better than most of the guys I play against. That doesn't have anything to do with a discussion of whether or not the new pads and gear are BETTER today than they were back then.

Or, to put it another way, I don't NEED better pads to play hockey well. You might not NEED a better scope to kill things, lord knows I don't, but that is irrelevant to a discussion of which scope actually IS better.

smile