Originally Posted by JonA

Just because the scope has a turret and it's zeroed for 100 doesn't mean you walk around hunting with it dialed to 100. Why on earth would anybody do that? You dial it up to 250 or 300, etc (depending upon how flat shooting the round is I used 300 this year) exactly for situations like you described--point and shoot.

This is also absolutely correct IMO....the point is to know the equipment and be zeroed for "the longest distance that will not cause mid range misses",to paraphrase a fairly well-known gunwriter who is now deceased.... grin The problem some guys have is that they may not react properly under the stress of the moment,and make the "wrong" decision in the use of the equipment.If you need the technology, it is there,but if you DON't ignore it, as Jon and JB both imply...

Since I am simple by nature,and easily confused by technical "things", I long ago tried to make hitting as easy as I possibly could,so took Jack O'Connors advice and followed the "kiss" principle as to both my methods of zero,and my choice of scope.Many of my habits are now so ingrained,that I could not make the transition to more complex gear if I tried..... crazy

This does not mean that others cannot use the new technology,but there are times to use it,and there are times to JUST SHOOT! Cause he's gonna get away if you don't!!!!!!!!! laugh

The 280 Remington is overbore.

The 7 Rem Mag is over bore.