Originally Posted by n2daddy
Originally Posted by BobinNH

My point in all this is many of them are so much the same,one no better than the other,that to say "this or that" is better than a 270, or vice versa, is utterly worthless advise and conversation.

smile

When I started this thread I didn't have the "270's rule and all other cartridges drool" mentality, I did however feel precisely the way BobinNH did.

I've been doing this a long time. I've reloaded, shot factory, and messed with endless calibers. I've argued BC and ballistics with those far less educated than these forum members to no end. And while I have enjoyed some of these discussions, most not, the truth of the matter is I'm inclined to take the path of least resistance these days (accept when it comes to the 257 Bob). I don't shoot enough to reload anymore, and I don't have the time to commit to it as a hobby, so I like the 270.

I'm sooooo glad we have all these flavors to choose from. It still gets me a little pumped to share thoughts with folks like I have found here (I'm new to Campfire). But if you want to tell me why your .30, 7mm, 6.5mm is better than a 270 I'll be happy to listen. These calibers for the NA continent are unrivaled and any of them is a great mice to moose choice in what ever mid size cartridge YOU like. I'd be happy to shoot my favorite along side you at a shooting range any time!!

aw shucks, what the heck are we gonna argue about, now?