Originally Posted by KevinGibson
Originally Posted by BrownDog
You, sir, are the type of Christian (and person) for whom I have the highest possible respect! You seem to have found the essence of Christianity and live by it.
BrownDog,

First - That was very moving; the highest compliment I've been paid in years...

I happen to live in an area where the likes of the KKK are thick...Our job is to love, judgement is God's job, and thank God it's God's job, because (obviously) humans really aren't capable of getting that one right.

Again, thank you so much for the compliment; that 100% made my day.

You are entirely welcome. I'm always glad if anything I say or do is useful or contributes something positive to others.

But...if my statement was the highest compliment you've been paid in years I'd say that you are grossly underappreciated (and perhaps a rarity) in the environment you are in. Certainly you are a rarity among those I've met.

My statement was merely a sincere expression of the obvious - your statements deserved appreciation and respect. The fact that you live by them makes YOU deserving of both.

I've met many people of many faiths who espouse many different doctrines with equal vigor and righteous certainty that they are "right". None have impressed me as much as your few statements - and more importantly the fact that you actually live by them.

Your approach and humility is something more of us (especially some of us here on the Campfire) should emulate. The world (and the Campfire) would be a much, much better place.