Originally Posted by TheProRifle
Originally Posted by efw
... but by what standard do you come to that conclusion?

How does one who claims to believe in no ultimate standard and right and wrong make any such claims? Seems to me to be self-contradictory.

Well I never said I had no standard. I use my eyes and ears, and I follow my heart. I do not claim to have the corner either, but more important than identifying a single standard is ensuring there are no double standards. From my experience, when good people do this, good things happen.

-=tpr=-
This is an interesting thread. Sorry I missed it unitl now. TPR, not sure if you are much of a movie watcher, but I'd really recommend you watching this movie. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0295725/ Actually regardless of anyone's belief system (or lack there-of) I found it to be VERY interesting, even if just from a historical standpoint (American history) as well as it's obvious moral/ethic relativeness message. Warning: Despite a few big name actors, the acting is pretty bad. It 'almost' distracts from the plot/message but it is one of the very few movies I've seen that will have you REALLY thinking and hopefully appreicating some things a little more. Also VERY timely. But ironically, given the title, it's probably always timely.

NRA Lifer
"It is curious that physical courage should be so common in the world and moral courage so rare." - Mark Twain
"Everybody has principles... until they are an inconvenience." - Me