Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Originally Posted by TheProRifle
What if one is an atheist in all this? What about just being a good person? By reading this, I can "out-good" all of you. I am an atheist and come from a strong family of such. You are lucky to have the 'right' to keep and bear" you are supposed to be looking out for everyone else. You need to think carefully about protecting everyone from tyranny. You are not the center. You need to see and recognize what makes you special... and that is... that you will do whatever you have to do to protect and provide for others.

-=tpr=-

Ro 3:23 for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God

Eph 2:8-9 For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith�and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God, not by works, so that no-one can boast.

There's no such thing as a good person. All have sinned and even the slightest little sin will keep you out of heaven unless you trust Jesus to remove it.

I don't believe in sin. I am a good person and love my wife and kids who are also good people (I'm very lucky). If you wish to talk with any pertinence, try listening occasionally.

I do not think it very kind that people would disrespect others who have given their lives for our freedom. Those who do are not good people. They do not have the corner on truth. And the Bible does not get to tell us what good is and isn't.

-=tpr=-