When I was in Junior High in Burnsville Minnesota in the mid 70's, the local KFC had what we called "the gut box", for a dollar they had hearts, livers, necks, and gizzards fresh from the pressure cooker in the box that would have held a three piece meal. My Dad would slip by there on the way home some nights from work and pick up 3 of them. Our family of five could barely eat it all.

Something magical about chicken gizzards and pressure cooking, makes them as soft as the livers, makes me hungry just thinking about it.

When it comes to testicals, the calf, sheep, turkey, and hog, ones I have eaten fried over the years are very tasty, if you like fried foods.

Head cheese or Souse as my Grandmother called it along with beef tongue and heart was a staple for sandwiches on their farm, something we only got when visiting.

I've never ate the organs from deer or wild hogs, but would give it a try if I was around someone cooking it. Can't get my wife to buy anything of the sort of the innards variety for me other than the occasional chicken liver meal when she feels generous. I guess I need to be a big boy and cook for myself more.

Mike

Progress is man's ability to complicate simplicity.
Thor Heyerdahl