A real nasty black ice slide (not the first), head-on into a rock wall, back across the 2 lane road upside down roll-over convinced me of the 4-rnr's structural integrity.. Good thing the spare tire and tool box blew out thru the rear window instead of forward...

When I came to after a few seconds of out, I reached over (the wife was driving) and shut the engine off, popped the seat belt, and exited the rear window (doors jammed), then helped the wife and two young boys out the same way. I had a slight cut above my right eye where my head apparently hit the window. That was the only injury.

Watching the tires still spinning after exiting, my youngest then about 5, and a covert seat-belt unfastener until we started fining him (he still likes money!) said "Now I know why we wear seat belts".

I loved that rig, but they are short and narrow wheel-based, and a bit top heavy.

Moved up to a one ton quad cab Chevy, and now a Ram (Still have the 90 Chevy for hauling wood, stone, gravel, etc - it's beat all to hell, but runs good - terrible milage.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.