You might want to look at the math of owning new vs used. I did a KBB search of 4-Runners available in my area. Only two 2008's with 4X4 within 75 miles of home and the best deal was $18,000 with just under 100,000 miles. I consider about 15 years and 300,000 miles as far as I want to push one without major restoration. That is a 6 year old truck, (the 2014's are already out) so you should get 9 more years out of it. Breaks down to $2000/year.

The best price on a new vehicle I found was $33,000. If you drive it 15 years it breaks down to $2200/year. Some new versions were as much as $40K. Going that route would be get you up to 2660/year of ownership.

In this case used comes out a little cheaper, but not that much. If you buy new you have at least the 1st 3 years covered by warranty. If you get a lemon you have 3 years to get it fixed, or trade it before you spend a dime. Buying used is a roll of the dice. Most are fine, but you could end up with major repairs on your dime within months, even weeks.

Most people don't really want the truth.

They just want constant reassurance that what they believe is the truth.