battue, the round nose bullets have shot very well for me in many of my rifles... If I were limited to 150 yard shots or less, I would have little problem using them in several rifles.. Over the years I have used the 220 grain .30 cal. Silvertip on more than a few deer and several antelope.. It is a great killer.. I considered loading some 220 grain Noslers up this fall for my elk hunt.. BUT I have seldom hunted country either east or west where there is not a real chance of a longer shot cropping up.. Either moving to or from a stand, what ever.. I did a quick check of a 200 grain spitzer and a 220 rn BOTH SHOT IN 3 inches high at 100.. The rn drops about a foot at 300 yards the spitzer roughly half of that.. so the rn would drop enough to miss or worse cripple a buck at that range.. While the idea of being able to guess the range, drop, and make corrections for the shot sounds good sitting at the computer, it is the animal that suffers if we error in the estimation of any of it.. Plus shooting longer distance demands greater precision to begin with.. Since most shots come in low or fading light, that only adds to the problem.. I want everything on my side if I attempting a shot at that distance.. Ethics demand it as I am sure you agree.. However, if I have a situation where I know there will be no long shots or I will turn down shots of questionable distance, then go for the rn.. I think they are a neat looking bullet and they perform very well under proper conditions.. There are a few stands I have hunted in the past, that a rn bullet worked well maybe better than a pointed one, but now I seldom hunt those stands or they have been posted..
Also always in the back of my head was something Hagel said in one of his many essays.. Both a rn and pointed bullet will enable us to shoot deer in the timber at 150 yards or so, but when a 350-400 yard shot crops up there is no contest which is better..

Molon Labe