I've looked around on here for 8 or 9 years now and thought I'd finally sign up. I thought this would be a likely spot for a first post, so, howdy.
I'd read for years how well 175 Hornady RN's did out of a 7x57, so a couple years ago, I loaded a batch up for an Oklahoma hog hunt. I shot a little piggy at about 25 feet, it looked like you blew a coffee cup through her going and coming. Not a real breadth of experience with RN's, but I was impressed. But I didn't want to give up "spritzers".
We do a bit of thickett to thickett hunting and you can walk out of the woods into a wide open field, so, while the difference may be nit picking, I wanted pointy bullets too.
I dumped the same 49grn. of RL22 under those and a batch of 175 GameKings. At 100 (yards, this time) they pretty well fall into the same group out of my little 1A Ruger. Both get right on 2500 over the chrony.
Yes, my buds' do get annoyed when I repeatedly whack the 300 yard gong with the old blue nosed Hornadys. They are supposed to stop and fall harmlessly to the ground at about 125.
I figger if I ever do get after anything big enough to justify them, I'll dump the same load under 175 partitions.

Now if I can just kill something.....
Fall is on the way!!!

For the record, I tend to agree with Ingwe as to the absolute perfection of the 7x57! laugh