Originally Posted by Take_a_knee
Originally Posted by JMR40

Some people just don't have the skills to shoot a light rifle.

There is one man in this thread in possession of plaque, bearing his name, that says, SOTIC Distinguished Honor Graduate, and it ain't you..... I'll let you guess his handle.

If that is true, I will be the first to congratulate that person. However, they didn't teach him how to shoot very light hunting rifles. That person knows how to shoot so adapting to a Montana should be easy breezy....

But I will say this, if you go all your life and shoot 8lb hunting rifles, then one day you own a Montana I will bet most people will have to modify their shooting technique. Have seen it, done it and won't be sold otherwise.

I don't want to insult good older aged folks on here however, some old folks have issues changing their underwear regularly so I can imagine the strain it would cause you to make a change in shooting technique....

As with any/every rifle I own including my Montana in 7-08 I have..

Bedded it
Adjusted the trigger (Kimber offers one of the best factory triggers...period)
Polished the rails
With my Montana I had Big Stick help out with a couple of other mods I chose to make....making the rifle better! (a very willing fellow BTW).

I'm not going to say you can't get a lemon. but I can also buy a lemon from Winny, Remmie, yada, yada...

Unless you order up a custom to your specs, ALL factory rigs are made for tweaking by those who are inclined. No factory can simply bang out thousands of units and simply expect all shooters to fall in line... And when your tweaks are done right (emphasis on done RIGHT), performance of the rifle will enhanced and then the only limiting factor is YOU and if you load, YOUR ability to cook up some good, straight loads for it.