Originally Posted by CLB
Originally Posted by Take_a_knee
Originally Posted by JMR40

Some people just don't have the skills to shoot a light rifle.

There is one man in this thread in possession of plaque, bearing his name, that says, SOTIC Distinguished Honor Graduate, and it ain't you..... I'll let you guess his handle.

If that is true, I will be the first to congratulate that person. However, they didn't teach him how to shoot very light hunting rifles. That person knows how to shoot so adapting to a Montana should be easy breezy....

But I will say this, if you go all your life and shoot 8lb hunting rifles, then one day you own a Montana I will bet most people will have to modify their shooting technique. Have seen it, done it and won't be sold otherwise.

Bone support, muscular relaxation, natural point-of-aim. I get paid to teach that [bleep] to people. I have a Steyr Scout(under 7#) that'll shoot bugholes off its integral bipod. I can put three into an inch, prone with a Ching Sling. It ain't me. A rifle is a damn rifle, a light one is less forgiving of form/positioning etc, but it is still a damn rifle, and the position fundamentals above and the steady hold factors apply the same.