I found 24hourcampfire looking for information on my first Kimber, one of the .338 federal NRA guns. I�ve owned 5-6 sense then and have two in the safe, both 84Ls, a 30-06 and a .270. I purchased the .270 when Nosler announced the accubond LR. The rifle has sat in the safe as I wait to find some of the bullets. I�ve shot both with factory fodder, but haven�t really tried to get max accuracy. Both shoot fine enough for hunting and neither were purchased as a target rifle, and getting skunked the last two years for elk/deer tags I�m really in no hurry.

Now that my kids are old enough, I spend more time shooting .22lr with them.

I guess what I�m saying is that Kimbers are boringly fine these days. The kinks have either been worked out, or there is plenty of information on what to do if you do get a bad one. Unlike a 700 there really isn�t much to upgrade. Aluminum trigger guard and bolt handle anyone?

"What I was saying is if my kin folk 400 years ago had guns, we wouldn�t be having this conversation. I�m in favor of guns and encourage everyone I know to have them because the last time we didn�t have them we were abused.�
Rep.Mitchell.