A couple weeks ago I was experimenting with my shooting technique and the 7-08 Montucky. When I first got the Kimber this past August I found it quite a bit harder to shoot than the T3 Finnish Tikklers I was using before. Found that I needed to hold the forearm on the Kimber with a firm grip in order to get decent groups and hit the 8" gong at 500y.

Shot with a firm hold and also loosey-goosey to see what would happen. Firm hold gave me good groups, loosey-goosey moved the impact up and to the left. My Tikklers shot fine loosey-goosey but the Kimber needs a firm hold. I'm positive a better shooter could do better than me, and I didn't wait for the barrel to cool completely. Just my own little experiment.

I did do some tweaks to the rifle... loc-tite to the firing pin screw, shortened front Talley screw (just for good measure), shortened front action screw (just for good measure), sanded edges of mag box, and made sure the box wasn't binding (it wasn't). The only thing that made any differences was knocking the edges off the mag box lips... now it feeds 100%. Before that it wasn't. All the other stuff made no diff, but loc-tite is a must. Have not bedded the lug.

Jason

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]