Originally Posted by BobinNH
Yeah when Remington came out with the M7 Custom KS in 7/08 and 308 with 18-20" barrels years back the northeast boys scoffed at those, too. They thought they were funny looking... smile

Today one hits the shelves used and it lasts 10 minutes.

Thankfully western deer hunters don't design rifles for eastern deer hunting...western deer hunters may have little use for short, handy rifles but mostly they don't spend days and hours on their feet in heavy cover, on the move, and controlling rifles with one hand.

Do enough of that and you quickly figure out that 22" barrels certainly work but are a tad superfluous....something I notice every deer season back here, like ..."Who needs this"?

Color? With the number of McSwirley's and gap camo we see on here and suddenly folks have a problem with "color"?

Kudo's to Kimber for offering something a bit different and suited to a purpose! wink

I do admit the scopes gotta go, though. grin

I agree 100% Bob.

An 18" barrel is very handy in heavy cover, and the camo stock doesn't bother me (I like the colors of it better than the Ascent).

The fluting and lightening are kinda gimmicky, but they do save some weight.

I'd still just buy a Montana and lop it to 18" for similar results at a big savings, but to some guys $500 is no big deal to have something a little more unique.

Ascents in all calibers are selling well (I saw a 280AI go for almost $2600 on auction) and I expect the Adirondak will sell well too.

FÜCK Jeff_O!

MAGA