For me, the Kimbers are the best handling rifles I have ever held. They just feel right to me.

I currently have:
A Kimber of Oregon 22.
A Kimber (Yonkers) Classic Select 22.
A Kimber 84M Varmint 22-250 (barrel shortened to 24", Cerakoted and pillar bedded in Wildcat fiberglass stock).
A Kimber 8400 Montana 300WSM.

I will buy more. Would love a 25-06 in a 84L Montana, or maybe a 84M 308 Montana.

The Montana is so much nicer than any Remington out there and way cheaper than a Sako 85 Finnlight which I would want to put a real stock on. But that is just my opinion. If I didn't go with a Montana, I would just as likely skip the Finnlight and jump up to NULA, or maybe a HS Precision PHL. If I was really flush, I'd love to try a Blaser Professional, but somehow I don't think they'd be as lively in the hands. While I like some of the features, I haven't found a Cooper model that turns my crank.

The only common alternatives to the Kimber I'd consider is maybe a Winchester M70 EW, but as good as they feel, they aren't a close second to the Montana. As for the Rugers, I like them, but I feel I'd want to restock them and they are heavy. Love the mounting system (part of why they're heavy though).

Was at a LGS that had a well used Kimber 8400 Montana in 270WSM wearing what looked to be a newer Leupold scope for $900. Very tempting. I could see a 257WSM in my future, but then the stock could use a paint job and then that darn trip to Africa in May is screwing up a good gun deal by causing me to penny pinch. smile

Last edited by AB2506; 01/13/14.