Originally Posted by woodson
Originally Posted by VaHillbilly
Originally Posted by tex_n_cal
I like the design. My 7mm-08 will have to get a new barrel before it gets shot again, however - I'm not wasting any more time with it. From what I've gathered the 7mm-08's had a run a of bad barrels - which is something inexcusable in a $1000+ rifle, IMO.

This would explain My buddies experience with a new Montana in 7mm.08, that thing wouldn't shoot for chit so he sent it back, after 3 months he got his rifle back and it still wouldn't shoot but also wouldn't feed reliably so he traded it a gun show.....................Hb

One of our club members had a kimber 7mm-08. Not many members have rifles that catch my attention. I asked him how he liked it. He told me that it wouldn't shoot worth a damn and after dealing with Kimber CS he was told that there had been a bad batch of 7mm barrels. He sent it back and they re barreled it. Still couldn't get it group and he sent it down the road eventually.

I do have a borescope, and mine is pretty ragged inside. I tried fire lapping & bedding, and that helped some. The funky thing about this barrel is, once it warms up it shoots very nicely, sub-MOA - so I don't think it's me. Try it from a cold barrel, though - fire one shot, let it cool completely, repeat, and it is still 2-2.5 MOA. Mule Deer suggested it was just improperly stressed relieved, or made with worn tools, no lube, etc. That's no good for a hunting rifle, so a barrel it gets - and a good one.

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."