That camp was located on private ground that is pretty much surrounded by a State Forest and there are two other camps. The one being about a quarter mile away and the other further. Sits in the bottom of a big valley with 7 hollows feeding down to it.

One night during Deer season a big snow storm came in. Someone looked out and here came a fellow from the other camp dragging a Deer past camp in the dark. They went out and looked at his Deer then invited him in for a celebratory drink. Turns out he had way more than a couple and all were having a great time.

My Step Dad who was no young Buck decided to have a little fun, didn�t tell anyone, left camp and hid the fellows Buck that was out front and put it in the barn. People tracks were all over the yard so none could trace his track. What he didn�t know was that his Son had seen what he was doing. The rest of us were clueless.

Finally the fellow said he was going to head on out to his camp. But when he went out his Deer was gone. All went out looking around but no Deer was to be found. Finally the fellow got it into his mind that we got him in there, fed in drinks and then stole his Deer. It was getting to the point of yelling when my Step Dad said enough is enough and took the fellow to the barn to get his Deer. Thing was his son had went out and moved the Deer again without telling his Dad. When no Deer was to be found in the barn it got hot again. Finally my Step Brother ended the game and went out and drug the Deer out of the woods and into camp.

The guy didn�t believe they were just having fun and started to wobbly drag his Deer to his camp, all the while bitching. The guys decided he needed help so a couple went out, took the rope and made sure he and Deer made it safe back to camp.

Last edited by battue; 03/27/14.

laissez les bons temps rouler