Originally Posted by gophergunner
I know many dirt poor Pennsylvania hillbillies that do the same thing, and still go through the same tap dance with the game wardens.

Yeah! Grandma stated the warden would show up and eat a lunch of deer. Same deer he was trying to catch grandpa with the evening before.

My buddy I mentioned above who I hunted with up at the old family place, well his mom told us a similar story from their old place. Seems his grandpa had shot a doe one evening and had it hanging down in an old shed by the county road. It was prolly 2:30 in the morning and he was skinning it when a car drove up. Naturally the old man thought it was the warden. Turned out it was his son who had just won the car in a crap game at Ft. Hood! This was like 1943. So he sees the light in the shed starts walking toward it. Light goes out. Grandpa comes walking out. Uncle Gordon asked "what ya doing?" Grandpa answers "oh nuthin!" LOL !!! Just walking around at 2:30 a. m. !

That was uncle Gordon's last trip home. He was killed in the Po valley by German artillery.

Last edited by kaywoodie; 04/14/14.

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS