Another entry from the book:

December 9th, 1966

Arrived Friday evening of the 9th for last day of buck and doe season. Shot doe back at Finley Hollow at 11 a.m. on Tuesday the 13th with the 11th shot of the day. Tues. is the thirteenth and the doe was the thirteenth deer seen. Left camp in the afternoon. The fellow in the Dailey camp hit a deer with his car last night.

Bert

Bert, like my dad was a carpenter. Not one of the marksmen of our group, but he seemed to get his fair share of deer. Finley Hollow lies right behind our camp and is a very good hunting spot. I've taken a lot of deer back there, including my first. The Dailey camp sits down at the bottom of the hill near us. If our guys shot a deer down low on the hill, they'd drag it into their camp and walk up the road to ours to get a vehicle to go get the deer. It just was much easier than dragging the deer up half the mountain to get to our camp. Personally, I did most of my hunting above the camp, though many of our guys liked hunting the thick pines down along the bottom by Dailey's.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla