Originally Posted by mirage243
Originally Posted by CCCC
Originally Posted by mirage243
Originally Posted by ltppowell
In short, dope retards motivation. Who'd a thunk?

I highly dis-agree with this statement. I don't smoke it, but I know several people that do, some of them are the most highly motivated people I know, a doctor, couple of lawyers and highly skilled professionals. I'm not saying it don't make a lot of people worthless and lazy, but I think they were that way to begin with, weed just makes it worse for them.

Yeah, been there with a few of those seemingly motivated types in the "professions" - those who have not might be much surprised at some of their primary motivations. No matter how affable and convivial, NEVER would I hire one for an organization about which I care.

Would you hire one that drinks alcohol?

I have hired folks who drink alchohol but would never hire an alchoholic - and have let more than one person go because of the effects of their alchohol abuse. Alchohol abuse is a genuine problem but, with regard to performance in a demanding profession, if you are assuming to in some way equate the usual effects of even regular moderate alchohol ingestion with the effects of ingesting weed, cocaine, meth, etc. - you might wish think again.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron