Originally Posted by Palidun
Actually that was not tested. It actually said brain development was different not better or worse. The testees were not actually tested in any way for performance. I have noticed that a lot of gifted musicians perform better when just a bit stoned, many artists paint beautiful pieces when stoned to their preferred level. Pot has been positively linked with greater creativity. If a bit of short term memory loss mitigates your temper when someone has pissed you off how is that bad? I like a good straight bourbon which by all accounts has been shown to be much more damaging than marijuana.

As a pain killer the negative side effects are nothing compared to those that are opiate based or even the abuse of aspirin. Consider the deaths attributed to Tylenol and the none attributed to marijuana it makes you wonder about the fairness and motive of the study.

Well said on the validity of the study and use of marijuana as a pain killer vs. narcotics. I used to think there was no good use for marijuana and that it only had to do with "stoners". I started listening to another point of view when I experienced "break through" pain to the point of being in tears and knowing there was no easy way out. Fortunately, I can still manage it at this point and I'm not forced to make that decision like some have had to do. It would be interesting to know how many people even have a frame of reference [either themselves or someone you they are very close to]for high levels of chronic pain. It sure changed my attitude.