Originally Posted by CLB

I'm yet to see a $1,500 Montana. I paid $900 for NIB Montana in 7-08 right here on the 'Fire. You can't buy a new M70 EW for that! Once again, it's way to easy to "fix" a binding mag box or do a simple bedding job.

Kinda childish to me to hear someone say the rifle "didn't shoot" without looking into why before writing them off and sending them down the road. Fotis might have only had to grind down an action screw a bit....

In my opinion, there is not one factory rifle made that is perfect out of the box. It could very well be that the thinner (less mass) action on the Montana shows a more magnified response to minor imperfections in stock fit or minor binding than say a more robust Ruger or Winchester.

Whatever, no skin off my azz.

I would not be very happy with a $1000 rifle that required tinkering to get it to shoot, either, so whether the current price of a Kimber is in that range or more is moot as far as I'm concerned.

Again, nothing against Kimbers, I just think for that kind of money the manufacturers should take care of details like making sure action screws are not too long and make sure they shoot well before they leave the factory.

Coyote Hunter - NRA Patriot Life, NRA Whittington Center Life, GOA, DAD - and I VOTE!

No, I'm not a Ruger bigot - just an unabashed fan of their revolvers, M77's and #1's.

A good .30-06 is a 99% solution.