Originally Posted by Boxer

'bird,

With a NIB AI,I'd wanna tweak the trigger,get rid of the [bleep] brake and mebbe do a leetle sumptin' to the skins...as a minimum. That of course dependin' upon which model you think you cite.

The elder CM spouts are a [bleep] bust outta da' gate. Not that CM spouts,ain't enough to make the Haybale & Crockett Crowd giddy.

Hint.

Just sayin'.

Dependin' upon the chambering,I'd prolly wanna swap mags or at least remove plates. Say sumptin' about boolits and COAL,for the "win". Laffin'!

Re-hint.

Good talk.

For discussion -

The barrels are stainless, 24," plain, no brake out of the box. wink

There is no plate in the AW mags, which affords more than enough length to jam hard into the lands with room to spare for most -08 comparable rounds and bullets assuming the barrel cutter has a clue. The AW mag will accommodate to 2.975" COAL.

Bullets? Default for the '08 is 175 SMK's. Have run the Amaxes in 30 and 7mm, but have found others to be a bit more consistent farther out, at least for me. Scenars and Bergers can yield nice results if and when available. 30 cal 210 Berger at 2800+ can do nice things. No 7mm or 338's in the line-up at the moment, though 176 Cauterucios from a 7WSM at .725 are my favorite, and 250 - 300's surely make the wind a bit easier than others.

Skins - glue walnut on the sides? grin

2.810" COAL and kissing the lands -

[Linked Image]