Originally Posted by ltppowell
Originally Posted by RoninPhx
quite a while ago, my best friend, closer than a brother, had cancer.
He was on this morphine drip to kill the pain, but not enough. He was basically so bad that he was pooping his insides as they were falling apart. I found out later his wife had found him on the floor looking for his pistol, which she removed. I have that pistol now. He had no hope, no future, and was in tremendous pain. All he wanted was someone to bump the drip, to help him end it.
I could not do it, legal considerations aside, because of religious beliefs, and consider myself the coward for not helping my friend in the time of need.
I would suggest anyone using terms like quitter, coward, and so on, has never been one on one with these situations, are they wouldn't be so loose with words.
In conversation with medical professionals in the retirement area i work, while illegal, if the truth be known m.d.'s have been helping in this area for years with the terminally ill.
You can make of it as you will, but it is probably an act of kindness.

Excellent post, and I would have no problem being killed.

Then, that's what she is doing. She's "being put down", by a doctor (as your pet is with a vet), and by her family as they allow the doctor to administer the dose. The only variation here is that the dose will be swallowed by her instead of injected by the doc.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.