Originally Posted by George_De_Vries_3rd
Originally Posted by antlers
With your medical background, I'm very surprised at the reasoning (or lack of it) behind your post. You 'assume' something that you shouldn't (about her not being a Christian). Although God "will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear", He certainly will let you suffer beyond what you can bear.

Antlers, I provided exact reasoning. As to "not letting you suffer beyond what you can bear," that is also to my point: how do you know what you cannot bear if you end your life? That is the point of God's grace and peace to those who look to him in "those moments," as exemplified by the martyrs mentioned and countless others through time who have relied on him to the end.

Additionally, short of so-called euthanasia, there are supportive measures that do not end life but help as life ends.

I am not judging her heart or that of any others who choose this route including those who are Christians. I just hold a different view. I have a living will that should I come down with a devastating, fatal disease, I would not choose this route; however, I would not want extreme or extraordinary, costly measures either. I would do, hopefully, as a neighbor friend did before he died from melanoma, submit to experimental treatments in the hope of helping the next person.

I don't about you but I know how much pain I can bear which is about a five or six on the pain scale.

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude