Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Originally Posted by Wtxj
That's not the way it works 4ager. Ask the many cancer ridden people on this site.

You happen to be talking with one that has looked the grim reaper in the eyes.

Last Thanksgiving, after feeling very bad for over a year, I started coughing up blood. Not a little stripe of red, but after I was done, it looked like someone had gutted a deer... It gets your attention, rather well.

My initial doctor visit, and combined with 35 years of smoking, they told me of the distinct possibility of having advanced lung cancer, for which there is no cure.

I had those possibilities to consider. Seriously.

After I was admitted, and went through the whole plethora of what was "going on", they found that my main artery in my heart was 99.9% blocked, and did emergency catheterization on me, with a stent.

My heart was enlarged, and caused pressure in my chest to precipitate the coughing of blood. I had also experienced a total of 4 heart attacks until the procedure saved my life.

So, I was faced with thinking about the terminal effects of advanced lung cancer, and saw what a death by it meant, through stories of others.

I don't smoke any more. I eat healthier, and I am grateful that I didn't have to endure what death awaited me with lung cancer. And while I had already made up my mind not to pursue treatments that would only "prolong" my life for a few short, months, I had not made the decision to take my own life either.

I don't judge those that ought to have the freedom to make their own choices. Those choices are between them and God.

You the man. Sure glad everything has worked out for you. You are one of the better educated people on here.

Each person has to face their own choices for themselves.

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude