Originally Posted by ltppowell
Originally Posted by 4ager
Originally Posted by ltppowell
Originally Posted by 4ager
Lt, I know you have dogs. I'm sure you've had one or two that have come down with something that's terminal. What do you do with them? Do you let whatever it is take them in it's full due course, or do you put them down at some point?

That's completely different. If this womans family wants her dead, then they need to kill her.

They essentially are putting her down, or allowing her to be put down.

It's not different at all. It's about the choice as to whether to allow a life that you care about to end through pain and suffering, or to end that life when the pain and suffering is avoidable but the soon-to-happen death is not. We put our pets down out of compassion, because we don't want them to suffer. Yet, we call our own "cowards" when they are facing the same fate as those pets and want the same compassionate end we offer/give the pets.

There is no difference in the compassion, but there is in OUR acceptance of it.

I have no problem with them killing her if that's what they want to do.

That's essentially what they are doing, by acquiescence, within the legal framework of the state and the nation.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.