Originally Posted by Mule Deer
Like most .22 Long Rifle ammo, how well it shoots depends on the particular firearm. Some rifles and handguns will shoot almost anything well (Eileen's Anschutz is one rifle, my Ruger Mark II "slabside" another), but with most don't. There are some kinds of ammo that shoot at least decently in a lot of guns, but there are always exceptions. In my experience Auto Match tends to work more often than not.

Between us we have 14 rifles and handguns chambered for the Long Rifle. Got a good deal on two kinds of .22 Shorts this past year and decided to see how they'd shoot. In some guns they did very well, in others they tended to scatter--and in others they were in between.

I tried three types of standard velocity ammo in my CZ this week; Wolf Match, Federal Gold Medal Match and CCI standard velocity. All shot similarly but the faster stuff and the auto match were double the group sizes easily. I only brought one rimfire but shot a different one last week with the other three loads which did well in all three.

NRA Benefactor Member

Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't.