No shortage of 'yotes in PA. Fairly thick in much of the mountainous, forested north central regions and most rural areas. They're even in the suburbs and cities.

They've been around in the northern tier counties where I've hunted since the late 1950s, since I can remember and were fairly common at one time, but haven't become overly populated. I've had years when seeing several wasn't uncommon, but haven't actually seen one in the past few years. Still hear 'em from time to time though and the locals thump some each year.

Many hunt them, but got a hunch most are killed when encountered during deer and turkey seasons? They can be hunted here pretty much 24/7/365. Several organized 'yote hunts staged as sportsmen's club fund raisers in PA, usually mid winter.

The "there ain't no deer" crowd here has been accusing our game commission of stocking 'yotes to keep deer numbers in check, for years, hence my comments.

The more radical members of that clique of moonbats, also claim they're bringing in mountain lions.

I'll look up what the estimated number of 'yotes killed here each year is, forget. Coyotes have been documented in PA since at least the late 1930s, yet many claim they were introduced in the more recent past to kill deer.

Be glad you live in an area where fewer people translates to fewer moonbats.

If three or more people think you're a dimwit, chances are at least one of them is right.