And yet how many posters on this thread used to pick up a few 100-round boxes of .22 LR when they wanted to go shoot, instead of picking up the maximum number of bricks allowed every time they find any?

Not me. wink

As noted previously, most of my adult life I've tended to have several thousand rounds of 22 ammo on hand. Just a habit I got into many years ago.

Mostly bulk plinking stuff like Dynapoints and bricks of Wildcats, especially when my son was younger, but also some "better quality" ammo.

Years ago I got in the habit of stocking up on Fed. bulk packs. Still have a fair stash, despite having given about a quarter of it away since the most recent craziness began.

We had an event at our club a few weeks ago and the person doing the 22 steel plate two gun gig, got to fussing about ammo - because he wasn't gonna give any of his up.

So I coughed up a partial and one full Walmart Fed. 550 pack. Got some back for the next time someone gets to fussin' about needing 22 ammo.

If three or more people think you're a dimwit, chances are at least one of them is right.