KG,

Funny story about my sweet ol gramma.

Seems like her 2nd husband liked to have a few at the bar before coming home from work.
Once night after how many times of fixing supper only to have him come home late and the dinner being cold she had enough.
Wimpy was his nickname came strolling in with a glow and gramma beaned him over the head with a frying pan knocking him out cock stiff. She stormed off to bed leaving him on the kitchen floor. They had a dog named Bowser so some time later there is some movement and Wimpy headed for the couch. All that was heard in a slurred voice as he got there was "I guess it is just you and me tonight Bowser"

And that is the sweet gramma that before I heard what a holy terror she was with stuff like above I would have never believed it because she treated me like I walked on water.

This story is told whenever we talk about her, she passed away in 2002 and I miss her stories and humor to this day.

Thanks for bringing this up it is a great topic. My mom cooks with cast iron that has been in the family for years and the taste of fresh walleye fillets coming from that pan is a little bit of heaven in a pan.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~