Originally Posted by EdM
Does simple stuff like sausage, hash browns and eggs (to follow) count? Runnin' cast iron on cast iron in Idaho. grin

[Linked Image]

Of course, and just fantastic, Ed. I grew up in a Victorian home where our stove and ovens were one giant piece. It was a Glendale (edit: maybe Glenwood) and had 6 burners, 2 ovens, butter melter, bread box, warming/pie compartment.

It was turn of the century vintage, I believe. It was a monstrosity and a tank, and I loved it then and miss it now. It had an interesting igniting system, where you'd have to lift a brass collar, turn on a stove burner then depress a spring loaded button, upon which a four-tongued flame would shoot out from the center to reach the four main burners, igniting any that had gas on. As kids we loved watching and playing with that thing. It was like a mini flammenwerfer. wink

When Wee Muther eventually decided that she wanted something more modern, my brother and I despaired. Not as much as the boys tasked with installing the new stove and removing the old one, however (part of the new stove sale deal). The look on their faces was priceless. They eventually need to get a total of six guys to get it out of the house. It must have weighed 800 pounds, no joke. I wish I'd have had the foresight to have kept the beast in the garage. I've seen them in places selling for big money. The only thing was that Wee Muther always complained that the ovens were far too small. You couldn't even get a medium sized turkey in one. That said, the cool factor on that old stove, and yours, Ed, is off the charts.

Thanks to all for chiming in. Some awesome stuff. smile Something about these old things, so many still so useful and often better than the new fangled, throwaway type stuff we have today just floats my boat.

Last edited by kamo_gari; 03/06/15.