Originally Posted by Mule Deer
What I've noticed about Coyote Hunter over the years is that he often theorizes, whether by number-crunching, or claiming a tougher bullet will make a difference in every situation, or "thinking" he hit a lost cow elk somewhere. This is normally the sign of a relatively inexperienced hunter, but he claims to be pretty experienced.

Do you never get tired of posting bullschit?

I have NEVER claimed a premium bullet will " make a difference in every situation". Quite to the contrary, I have often stated most bullets will work most of the time.

As I stated in my last post, "You are right that I don't know exactly where I hit the elk with the North Fork. Years of experience shooting that rifle and load, blood high on brush along the trail, an obvious exit, the dark color of the blood, the position of the elk when the shot was fired and the direction of the wind all suggest to me a hit below the spine, behind the lungs in the liver. It is a reasonable supposition but it may be incorrect."

Coyote Hunter - NRA Patriot Life, NRA Whittington Center Life, GOA, DAD - and I VOTE!

No, I'm not a Ruger bigot - just an unabashed fan of their revolvers, M77's and #1's.

A good .30-06 is a 99% solution.