Home
Mine was a dreaded thread killer.
Here it is.
I guess I learned punctuation later.
I'd like to see PrarieDogShooter and SteveNO post more but there it is.
[Linked Image]
I wasn't a member back then but that was a nice trip down memory lane.

Things sure change with people that's for sure.

I asked a question about low velocity in a .54 Hawken. After I reported using using 110 gr of 3fg under the ball most folks told me I was nuts and to be happy with less powder smile

Today I'm getting more velocity with less powder, just using Swiss smile
http://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/1796472/Re_Southern_Texas#Post1796472
https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbth...205112/Re_Chosing_a_Deer_Call#Post205112
believe i was looking for info on a Savage 99 i had....when you search for info on 99's the forum here is one of the top links or it was at that time
Here it is Sheridan.
I just looked up mine. I was nice back then!

Took me four whole posts to get to a .223 for deer type thread! grin
huh musta found the site looking up 99's then.....kinda funny that was my first post as it lead to one of the only truly bad experiences with a person on the 'fire...i bought that rifle, turned out it was a Remington but a gunsmith on here sent me a PM and offered to do the job and phugged me over....no longer remember the guys handle though.....he didnt make me the rifle he said he would and did stuff to it i asked him not to along with other issues..
Answered a question about six sigma training.
Originally Posted by BrotherBart
Here it is.

Don't recall my first post. I'll have to look it up.

I do recall feeling in my early days her like I'd killed more threads than dry rot.
Mine
I think I was congratulating myself on tracking all you guys down when AOL went belly up.

You can run, but you can't hide.... smile
I don't know how to find my first post but I think it was a reloading reply.
Very first post, I gave my [b][color:#3333FF]opinion[/color][/b] on loading .270 Win with 110gr. TSX bullets...

Even way back then I was a giver....

Hard to say - I had joined here under one name and then forgot about the place. By the time I remembered it again I had forgotten my log in so I re-joined under this name.

Here it is:

Originally Posted by Andrew
I have used mostly factory loaded ammo - usually what ever is on sale. But as I have started to reload I used Nosler Ballistic Tips and they really did the job. They also seem to shoot real well out of our Rugers.

Wish there was some way to combine my current log on with the old one, with the old start date. Kinda neat 1/1/03

Course I've not shot much NBT's since then.
Big Stick actually typed uncoded information back then.

Crazy.
JOG is sorely missed too.

Holy Shizizzle, 417 pages listed under "My Posts"....

My first was about armed teachers, 6/27/03....

Armed Teachers

And eleven years and ten days ago, my 7th post on the 'Fire, I was talking about FW 190's.....

Found mine. It was from the spring of 2006 in a thread titled "When did you become a rifle loony?"

Here it is-

"I pulled my first firearm trigger when I was about five. It was on a Rem. Nylon 66 of my Grandpa's that he and my Dad were sighting in in the backyard of my childhood home. I believe my Dad held the rifle and allowed me yank the trigger. Don't know if I hit the piece of drywall they had propped up as a target but bless them both, they said I did. A few years later in 1980, Grandpa died and that .22 became mine. I still have it. Always will until it goes to one of the twins we're expecting in June."

Since I made that post, my twins have arrived and thrived and are 8 years old now and my son has fired the same gun I got my start with, helped by the same man who taught me-my dad. That was last summer and made a hell of a good memory.
Go to my stuff, click on posts. Your first post will be on the last page.
Originally Posted by BrotherBart
Here it is.

My first was extolling the virtues of the 7-08 and .280. I didn't kill that thread, but have killed damn near every one since. Probably just killed this one too. Sorry.
Originally Posted by Dog_Hunter
Big Stick actually typed uncoded information back then.

Crazy.

He was the first to hit 10k posts and IIRC that post was about the Beatles of all things.
Mine was a post about officiating a Poatal Match and inviting folks to send in their targets.

For those that remember, Poatal is not a typo. Well, it was originally, but it stuck...
Found it!

Hi all, just found this board and thought I would join. Don't have PDs in Oregon but sage rats are just as fun and only 1/4 the size. I like a good old hornet but am now shooting a #1 in 22 BR. Still developing a load but two weeks ago it shot a .192" 5 shot 100 yard group. Think I will keep it.

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbth...9441/Re_ideal_prairie_dog_guns#Post19441

That was a long time and more than a few posts ago.

I became the 100th member here with that post.
Originally Posted by bucktail
Go to my stuff, click on posts..., blah, blah, and a bit more blah...

On it!!!
I had to look it up. It was asking about Ross Seyfried's whereabouts after leaving Wolfe and the reasons for his leaving.

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbth...g_Game_Hunting_Salmon_Steelh#Post1043702
I just looked mine up. It was just a hello new guy here thread. The first reply was deflave with a GFY and on page two steelhead asked how many people I had killed with a scout rifle. At the time I didn't know what either reply ment and I still don't know what steelhead was talking about. Also lots of questions about leopard thongs, beans in chilli, ice in whiskey, 270s and froozen orange juice.

Warms man's heart. Ah the good ol days 11 months ago.
to Travelling Man

Your well set up for both,moose,grizzly...since you ARE going to be dealing with sumpin' that can shoot back'I'd be abit concerned 'bout that BUCKHORN rear,opt instead for an express type rear,centerlined w' platinum or silver. front bead ?....IVORY,or best facsimile....GOOD HUNTING

today's advice ?
...Hold center, and avoid mouthy moderators that would dilute the REAL glow of this place.

GTC
Bart;
Good evening to you yet again sir, hopefully this finds you and yours well.

I've got to admit that until this thread I'd not wandered back to see my first posts - well maybe I have but can't recall anymore as I'm not getting any younger. wink

Here it is anyway, talking about bedding a rifle with full length contact.

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbth...e_Stock_fit_prior_to_bedding#Post1460785

The interesting thing is that since that discussion I've done a couple full contact bedding jobs, no doubt helped by information learned here.

There are a few that I miss too Bart - Murray/Monashee comes first to my mind, but there are others too that have left us too early and then some too that simply left our 'Fire.

Thanks for the walk down this cyber memory lane tonight Bart. All the best to you in the upcoming hunting season.

Dwayne
Originally Posted by teal
Hard to say - I had joined here under one name and then forgot about the place. By the time I remembered it again I had forgotten my log in so I re-joined under this name.

Wish there was some way to combine my current log on with the old one, with the old start date. Kinda neat 1/1/03

Course I've not shot much NBT's since then.

I had a simular issue. I changed my e-mail address "before" I udated my personal information. Nothing I could do about it after-the-fact. I was member #248 when I joined on 1/30/01. I came over with a lot of other poster from the old Shooter's forum. A lot has changed since then!!

AWwww man,...

you have a talent for cutting right to the chase (more politely than some whistle )

I miss Monashee too, just hadn't focused on it.

He really honored the name of that Mountain Range, didn't he.

GTC
I started out as a classifieds cowboy but quickly discovered how great this place is because of the folks that are here.

There is no doubt in my mind that if I was ever in need that there would be more than a few of the good folks here who would step up to the plate, that my friends is what real men are.

First post;
Originally Posted by 12344mag

@
Hello contender222,

I'll take the bushnell red dot. Please email me the specifics and I'll get you paid.

Thanx,

Paul
crossfire;
Yes sir, Monashee lived just to the west of the base of the Monashee Range and indeed he did honor it.

We talked on the phone a couple times and I think we'd decided we'd likely met at a BC Wildlife meeting or for sure knew a bunch of the same people from there.

Oh, I did say hello to the mountains you asked me to on the way from Calgary last week crossfire. Good grief was I pleased to see it in the rear view mirrors. It's a little busy these days....

Have a good week crossfire and do stay safe down there in your border home.

Dwayne
"Also lots of questions about leopard thongs, beans in chilli, ice in whiskey, 270s and froozen orange juice."

Leopard thongs? Beans in chili? I thought this was an outdoors related forum. Not a fashion show or class for short order cooks.

My first post was an inquiry into whether or not Mule Deer had sold a #1 .303 British listed in the classifieds. I was in the market for one and found this place doing an interweb search. Unfortunately, it had sold already but MD was very nice to reply and provide info regarding loading for it when I did get ahold of one.

I guess after nearly 3 yrs now I'm starting to find out what "really" goes on around this campfire!

And picked up some new acronyms too. One that means thank you in three easy letters starting with G wink (Thank you Travis, and I'll try to keep this reply short although I'd really like it to go on for a bit but I know how that displeases you)

The leopard print dude has been nice at times too. While not a 7x57 he'd probably agree my 6.5x55 is "skookum" and he likes dogs as much as I do.

Thanks to you all for an interesting 'fire to warm my feet.

Geno
My use name Siskiyous6 reflects a lost account as Siskiyous, so number 1 is long gone.
https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbth...969/Re_Where_Is_Ross_Seyfried#Post375969

Here is number 1 as Siskiyous6.And below the first one I originated,

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbth...uides_Good_idea_bad_idea_A_ca#Post381868
https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbth.../3612795/Re_Boar_Hunt_in_USA#Post3612795

My very first! Pig issues!!!! laugh

And the first fella to welcome me aboard was Jim aka Evil Twin! And he still claims me as a friend!
https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbth...e_Mule_Deer_John_Barsness_Fan#Post139246

Still feel the same way.
https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbth...980945/Re_338_RCM_vs_325_WSM#Post3980945

Ended up getting that gun, and I love it.
Wow, was this really twelve years ago? Or has it JUST been twelve years since "Shooter's" broke up?

Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
I purchased my first SS barreled rifle just over a year ago, Ruger #1 in 7 STW. As with all new rifles, the first thing I did with it was clean the bore and apply Action Product's Friction Block.
I cleaned the bore with Shooter's Choice on bronze brushes from Midway, followed by dry cotton patches, followed by USP bore paste on a tight cotton patch, followed by dry patches to remove paste, and finally a patch with a couple drops of Hoppe's #9 to remove the last of the paste. Then repeat and repeat again.
Each time I applied the brush and Shooter's choice to the bore I got lots of black gunk which resembled powder fouling from the CM barrels in my past experience. I spent about three hours repeating the procedure listed above. And the black came back each time, until I switched the bronze brush for a patch with Shooter's Choice.
I have never had any such experience with CM barrels. They are always very easy to clean before firing. After firing the powder residue always responds in a predictable manner.
My cousin subsequently bought a Rem 700 Sendero SS in 7STW, and we had the same experience when cleaning it brfore shooting. He finally purchased a nylon brush to use on his rifle.
I also saw the same results when cleaning my new Ruger 77MKII SS in 260 Rem.
Is there an adverse chemical reaction occurring between SS, Shooter's Choice, and the bronze brush?
Is SS just so abrasive to the bronze that it makes things turn black, and why would the color be black instead of bronze colored, if so?
I am not confident in a thorough cleaning job using a nylon bore brush. I now clean the barrels of my SS rifles using the process shown above and repeat once. Then I trade the brush for a patch soaked in Shooter's Choice,and repeat a couple more times. I then leave a final light coat of Hoppe.s in the bore.
Please respond if you know why a SS barrel responds to cleaning in this manner or if you have a cleaning method which works better.

I do not think I have a bronze brush on the place any more. But I did buy a couple yards of white cotton flannel at the fabric store which Momma visits.

I remember it was just a short while later that 'Stick got after me for suggesting that a 30-06 was a better long range game cartridge than the 308.

That was an educational thread.
Here is mine from a LONG time ago. I still only buy stainless if it's available.

My First Post
https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbth...5833/Re_SHOOTERS_CHECK_IN_HERE#Post15833

I was a little later on 1-26-01 then many of y'all 1-25-01 folks! laugh

Mike
looks like my first post was in the Deer Hunting forum, about Federal 150 grain .270 cartridges, that I had picked up at a KMart in Miami. smile
"Hey guys, I'm new here and was just wondering if anyone has info about the new alaska meindl and how it compares to the canada. I am doing a carabou hunt in the brooks range in august and am planning on getting the canadas but saw the alaskas and was curious. Any help would be appriciated, thanks BD"

Went with the Canadas.
Mine was in the classified, bought a Browning Model 12 28ga.

first post
375 H&H model 99.

http://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/140815/Re_375_H_H_Mag#Post140815

2/21/03

HunterND

8 posts and moved on. When I rediscovered the fire I couldn't remember my old password.
https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbth..._need_stock_screws_for_Model#Post1134431

I tried to help someone with a question. unlike the trolls that post here.
https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbth...5820/Re_SHOOTERS_CHECK_IN_HERE#Post15820

A long time ago........
Originally Posted by sactoller
Mine was in the classified, bought a Browning Model 12 28ga.

first post

Most excellent first post!
Originally Posted by badger

A long time ago........

Yes it was but they were great days bac then getting this place started.
I asked about some 6x bino's and Dober recommended the Leupold Yosemites, which I later bought and still use.

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbth...s/2609470/Help_with_Binos_6x#Post2609470
Don't remember for sure though it might have been in the classifieds trying to buy a NIB Ruger Charger!!
Got directed here while researching Barnes TSX bullets and ended up reading a lot of posts from the Africa forum and reports from JJHack. The I kept reading and learning more, I had been reading the forum for a while before first posting.
When I finally posted it was about some info on how to get started reloading.

newbie wants to reload

I have not participated that much, I do ask more questions than answer any, but I don't make stuff up and try to talk with some knowledge basis. I have zinged one or two members here though. smile but I tend to hold back.
I am for using all resources to make sure a person is guilty and then make it a short time until the death penalty is performed. I am also for the concealed carry, since it seems that now we have to do such things to enjoy our rights. miles patton

Above is a copy of my first post here. Seems that It was almost a month between joining and my first post. I also noticed that my current sig line shows up in my first post when you go back. I came over from the old "shooters" and knew a lot of the people here when I joined. miles
Ha! another thread killer... I can give really good advice on doing that blush
My first post was on the "A-bolt haters R us support organization" thread....and I bought another one after that grin
.221 Fireball thread flushed me out.

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbth..._Calling_all_221_Fireball_sh#Post5273179
Posted By: KC Re: Your First Post On The Campfire - 09/02/14

I joined thirteen years ago and my first post was a response to something about what kind of rifle we used.

KC

© 24hourcampfire