Well I guess I got more then I bargained for on this! No wonder I chose synthetic stocks for all my rifles til this one!<P>Just for an example what does a company like Winchester or Remington do to there mass produced rifle stocks? How is it they look decent and are mostly functional without the months of hand rubbed finsh. They certainly cannot be doing it the same way that is has been described here!<P>Sitka, I am glad you spoke up and I understand what it is exactly that your explaining. For the purpose of this piece of wood, it will never see a drop of water, maybe some humidity but it is not a big game rifle which will ever get wet. <P>I have completely sanded with the 100 grit, it looks nice. I am going to use the 200 grit and the 400 grit this week. I will finish the stocks recoil pad as well this week. So I am about a week away from any type of finish.<P>I would like the wood a bit darker so I must think about either a thin stain or maybe the finish I use will darken it enough? If I were to use a little thin stain to get a darker finish what would you suggest? jj

www.huntingadventures.net
Are you living your life, or just paying bills until you die?
When you hit the pearly gates I want to be there just to see the massive pile of dead 5hit at your feet. ( John Peyton)